Thursday, March 03, 2005

Tom tom thursday

Howdy! Another wet day so no business at the garden centre except a couple came in and ordered some landscaping from a quote I did last week and then had lunch with some new friends , Bill and Sue. Bill plays guitar in the worship band I star in and is part of a group called "CALL - Cristians in the Algarve Lay Like" who inter connect churches and help, his wife Sue is a qualified volunteer at Faro hospital chatting to foriegn patients and holding people's hands. The best bit is Bill drinks Medronho (our local cure all anti septic) and has replaced his lawn with a vegetable patch (did I say Bill is Irish...)
Off out for dinner tonight with Aunty Lu lu - my maverick 69 year old mad adopted Dutch Aunt. She was widowed about 4 years ago and is such an open beautiful person, we could all learn a lesson from her.
Owl has gone to Porto on business for three days to a trade show - no reason now not to tackle the evil flat pack lurking in the corridor... but first I shall tackle the photo thing again. If all else fails you can view me and my garden centre at
http://photobucket.com/albums/y13/stuartmerelie/

Later on. back from dinner, great stuff, good fresh Dourada and a nice night out - Loes (Lu Lu) has invited me to her 70th birthday bash in England in August. It was great to see her. After losing my aunt last year she is the closest thing I have to an older relative (i.e. on my Fathers generation) and she is such a kindred spirit. Although she is not a Christian she is such a samaritan, and the kids love her. She is coming to hear me sing in church next sunday then coming to the church lunch afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home