Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Wicked Wednesday

The day started very pear shaped. Rebecca (eldest daughter, 11 going on sort of divorced 40 year old type) refused to go and get a carton of milk, after drinking the last one last night. To redress the balance I got one then promptly cancelled their wed. afternoon riding lesson. Not fair on the youngest daughter (Holly 8) but then life is not fair.... so I took the opportunity of driving to Seville on my own flat out (182km in 75 mins!!) and bought a whack of carpets and rugs for my gallery, oh yes and two lobsters and some prawns and some wine and a whole salmon and, well you may have guessed by now I have six consecutive Olympic golds for shopping, Steve Redgrave, amateur mate. Highlight of the day was lunch in 100 Montaditos (100 Sandwiches bar) when they have to read the peoples name out on the micrphone when the food is ready "Stu..wa!! Stu..wa!!" Well I couldn't help it, next order I put my name as Fun King ( I stayed for a few sandwiches and it went far far down hill from there..) I also bought a flat pack monster shelf pack which will probably live in the hall in its box for a few weeks - nasty things...
Eldest daughter now home with pal, happy Jessie and now time to get other one from after school study class - she had maths test today and was actually looking froward to it!! At this point I must explain, I left school (mentally) at thirteen and started working in a Greek restaurant - I did more hours there (1978, 10p an hour) than I was doing at school. So me and school are well not like peas in pod. Menu tonight is:-

Avacado dip with carrots and red pepper strips
Spare ribs and sausages in BBQ sauce with jacket spud

That of course is first sitting, girlfrieng coming in later and sceond sitting:-

Spicy guacamole dip with crudities
Grilled half lobster with fresh mushroom sauce
Jacket potato and green salad

Good spanish wine (todays shopping), fine music and (myob).

Now still struggling with getting a photo up onto site. Both yahoo photos and picturebasket now have my photo on an accessible url but when I put the url on the blank space on my profile it spits it out..grrrrrrrrrrr - please help me some clever reader (or Ann, readers very clever son!!)

1 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Your menu made me salivate but your Wednesday doesn't sound too "wicked". I would love to be shopping Portugal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home